Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Paul!

Happy Birthday to Paul! He turned 29 this weekend. We spent the weekend up at Mt. Washington with a bunch of friends from the fire hall. We did some minor snowshoeing and some major drinking and eating. Good times were had by all.

I wanted to make him something special to celebrate and I decided on some "misfortune" cupcakes. Basically, each cupcake has a fortune in it - but it's a misfortunate fortune.

I wanted something really different, so my friend Meaghan and I baked the cupcakes inside ice cream cones. I found the inspiration somewhere on the internet (I can't find the page anymore but it's similar to this). I just used a box of cupcake mix (shhh don't tell anyone) because I was seriously running out of time. We snuck them up to the mountain in a car going early and hid them under some towels until Saturday night. We iced them with vanilla icing (out of a can, again.. don't tell!) and then sprinkled them with some delightfully bright sprinkles. I stuck candles in all the cupcakes, lit them up, threw on a party hat and got down to business.

They worked out great!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL! I LOVE YOU!


1 comment: