Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pie Iron

A wonderful lady that I work with, Jo-Anne, was kind enough to lend me her Pie Irons for my camping trip. Basically, a pie iron is a cast iron sandwich press that you stick in the camp fire. 


I had LOTS of great ideas about stuff I wanted to cook in there, but they didn't work out very well. I tried a sausage and green pepper dish...

 
It worked out pretty well, but when I tried one with yams...

 

It didn't work out as well. I decided to move into desserts. Jen, another great lady I work with, suggested I melt marshmallows and a chocolate bar between two waffles in the pie iron. I took her advice and it's pretty much the best decision I ever made.


I used M&Ms and toffee chocolate covered peanuts with my marshmallows. I do not regret this decision. 




 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment