Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tropical Salad with Pork

Last week I had lunch at Veneto with my friend Eric. I had their "Tropical Salad" which was absolutely delicious. Mixed greens with pineapple, red peppers, cashews and some sort of light dressing. It was topped with grilled Jamaican jerk chicken. I demolished the salad and definitely recommend it. 

I took some pork out of the freezer last night and asked Paul to grill it with some jerk seasoning (we use the epicure brand) so I could try to recreate it. It was pretty good! I made a honey-mustard-lime dressing to go with it. 


Tropical Salad with Pork

Ingredients
1 pork steak, grilled and seasoned with jerk seasoning
1/2 red pepper, sliced
3/4 mango, cubed
2 cups lettuce, ripped into bite size pieces
1/4 cup cashews
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 lime, juiced
1/8 tsp lime zest


Directions
1. Toss lettuce, red pepper, mango and cashews

2. In a separate bowl, mix honey, dijon and lime juice and zest. Stir until well combined.


3. Toss salad, grilled pork and dressing. Serve and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment