Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chipotle Chicken Salad

I'm going to have this for lunch tomorrow. I was hoping to have it in a sandwich, but I think it might be a bit too spicy. I'm going to toss it around with a big green salad instead. 


Simply Recipes is an awesome blog and I stumbled across this recipe while browsing it one day. I actually don't remember looking at it, but I found the address in the memory of the url bar of Internet Explorer... so I must have looked at it one time or another.


Anyways - tonight we had bbq chicken for dinner. I made a bbq sauce with ketchup, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, garlic and ginger, but I can't share the recipe because I didn't measure anything. Oops. I bbq'd a few extra pieces of chicken without sauce (but with olive oil and salt and pepper) and then used it for the salad. If you don't have any freshly grilled chicken (or any other kind of leftover chicken) then grab a grocery store roasted 1/2 chicken and shred that up.


Chipotle Chicken Salad
Ingredients
1/2 c mayo or miracle whip
1 tsp chipotle seasoning
1/4 jalapeno, seeded and diced small
2 celery stalks, diced small
1 green onion, diced small
1 cup chopped grilled chicken


Directions
1. Mix mayo and chipotle seasoning.
2. Mix everything else together.
3. Eat.


Simple, right? If you don't like a lot of spice, go easy on the chipotle or maybe leave out the jalapeno. Another twist on this recipe is using curry powder instead of chipotle. If you want to do that, use 1 tsp curry powder AND 1 tsp chili powder and maybe add some diced apple and raisins to your salad.





No comments:

Post a Comment