Monday, May 31, 2010

Jalapeño Cream Cheese Stuffed Burgers

This was good. It was good for dinner, and it made a great lunch the next day. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com, where I find a LOT of recipes. I signed up for their daily newsletter. I don't always like what I see, but there is usually some good inspiration every few days.

I was also inspired by my brother Brian's amazing recipe for a burger. I don't know what he does to them, but they're delicious. I've invited him to do a guest blog, but he hasn't done it yet. Hint, hint, Brian. The world needs more of your burgers!

Anyways, this was really good. We ate it with a spinach salad featuring strawberries, red peppers and blue cheese. I made a nice simple balsamic vinaigrette seasoned with red chili flakes and rosemary. There would have been toasted pecans, too, but I got distracted organizing my photos on the computer and they were pretty badly burnt. Oh well, next time.

This recipe is really versatile! Try seasoning your beef with taco seasoning and stuffing it with salsa and cheddar or maybe even refried beans... or with cheddar bacon and onion... or blue cheese and bacon! You really can't go wrong. 

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Stuffed Burgers

Ingredients
2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne
several twists of pepper grinder
1/2 cup of Philly cream cheese
1 jalapeño, diced small

Directions
1. Mix cream cheese and jalapeño together. Set aside.

2. Mix ground beef and seasonings together. Mix really well to get seasonings spread around evenly.

3. Form beef into 8 patties*

4. Spoon about a tbsp (or a quarter of your jalapeño cream cheese mixture) on to 4 of the patties.

5. Top with remaining patties.

6. Using a fork, press the edges of the burgers together and form into a nice hamburger shape.

7. BBQ! Probably 6-7 minutes on each side. Try not to flip until you're sure they're fairly well cooked. This will help form a good sear on the outside and will keep your cream cheese in. 

*I deliberately made the patties thicker so that it would easier to trap the cream cheese mixture inside. You can make them thinner if you like. Maybe try 10 patties. 







No comments:

Post a Comment