Sunday, June 13, 2010

Asian Lettuce Wraps

I love these! So good! This meal reminds me of Asian tacos or something like that, which makes me love it even more. I was trying to think of why, and I think I really like to eat food topped with more food, wrapped in other food.

Ingredients

1/2 lb ground pork
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp sambal olek
1/2 tsp chinese 5 spice
shredded carrot
chopped green onion
bean sprouts
whole lettuce leaves

Directions
1. Heat pan over medium heat and place pork in pan

2. Add chicken stock before pork has a chance to cook. Simmer until almost all the liquid is gone

3. Sprinkle with ginger, garlic, sambal olek and 5 spice

4. Continue simmering until all liquid is gone from pan

5. Serve with chopped green onion, shredded carrot and sprouts. Top with sweet red chili sauce if desired

6. Wrap pork up with toppings in a lettuce leaf, and put in mouth like a taco



1 comment:

  1. I made this recipes of yours and it was delish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete