Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Steak with Chipotle Cilantro Cheese Sauce

I have some leftover chipotle chilis in my fridge. After frantically sweet-talking the deli at Market on Yates to jerry-rig me a giant veggie platter faster than god knows what, I had 20 minutes to kill wandering around the fancy cheeses and started thinking about dinner. I really like boursin cheese on steak, but I didn't have any of that at home... but then I remembered this philly cheese sauce recipe that worked out really well and the rest is history. Just like this dinner.


I like to think of different things to put on steak. Paul and I eat a lot of it (lucky us) so its nice to be able to keep mixing it up. This sauce was a bit on the spicy side, but I kind of like that in a sauce. I would probably dial down the heat a bit if I made it again.


Chipotle Cilantro Cheese Sauce
Ingredients
1/2 container philly cheese
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
3 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, diced


Directions
1. Grill a steak until almost done. Remove from grill, wrap with tin foil and allow to rest until sauce is ready.


2. In a small saucepan, mix water, stock and cream cheese until combined.


3. Add in cilantro and chipotle, bring to a boil.


4. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes, remove from heat. Let sauce rest for one minute, then pour over steak.



No comments:

Post a Comment