Sunday, June 27, 2010

Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken

During my daily internet wanderings, I came across a recipe for raspberry-chipotle turkey wings. I didn't really want wings, but I was into chicken on salad for lunch. I modified the recipe a bit and here is what I came up with! It's pretty dang good :)


Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken


Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 cup defrosted frozen raspberries
2 chipotle chilis in adobe sauce
1/4 cup diced onion
juice of 1 lime
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint


Directions
1. Blend onion, raspberry, chipotle, garlic and onion together


2. Heat over stove until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, stir in mint


3. Reserve 2 tbsp for basting


4. After sauce cools, marinate chicken in the rest of the sauce, for maybe an hour or two


5. BBQ chicken as you like, basting with reserve sauce


6. Serve however you want







1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim. Made this last night with bone-in chicken breasts and it was very tasty. Nice balance of sweet and hot. I roasted them in the oven as I already had the oven on for my maple syrup roasted butternut squash. Very yummy. Thanks

    Jo-Anne

    ReplyDelete