Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bison Burger with Chipotle Mayo

*note: the spacing in this program is messed up. I tried to fix this post 3 times and I can't. Annoying. 


A nice quick meal. I didn't really measure anything, but I thought I'd blog and estimate it. I get chipotle peppers in adobo sauce at Walmart because I can't find them anywhere else. They're in the ethnic food section and only about $1.60 a can. 


Bison Burger


Ingredients
1 lb ground bison
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
1/2 cup mayo
4 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce 
buns (for as many patties as you make)
burger fixin's




Directions


1. Mix seasonings into ground bison. Mix well and form patties


2. Grill as desired


3. Mix mayo with diced up peppers and sauce. Adjust to taste


4. Make your burger as you like it! Mine had cheddar, bacon, tomato and spinach on it.. with chipotle mayo, of course!



(yes, this is a half-eaten burger. I got hungry before I could find my camera)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim. You can get chipoltes in a can at Thrifty's. They also freeze well if you wrap them individually (with sauce) and then pop them in a ziplock bag

    Jo-Anne

    ReplyDelete